Friday Memes and 'Just the Way You Are' by Lynsey James

I am working hard, studying hard and unfortunately not partying hard. Although I'm not much of a party-er anymore! But by this time next week I will be having months of "free" time ahead of me. Onto memes now! Follow Friday is hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee. This week's question was suggested by Unconventional Book Views:


How do you organize your books? Either at home on your bookshelves or on your device, o on your bookish platform like Goodreads, Leadmarks or Booklikes?

Aaah see, me and organization don't always go hand in hand. I basically have a system that no one else gets which is called 'I know where everything is so don't touch anything'! This system is usually restricted to my room where there are piles which all have an idea behind them. I don't necessarily remember which idea, but there was definitely one there. Sometimes they're also organized by date, genre etc. but usually the organization is based on a whim.

Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Billy over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. This week's question was suggested by Elizabeth over at Silver's Reviews:

If you see a book you like but see it is a 400 or 500+ pages, will you still read it?

Oh definitely! The length of a book has never stopped me from reading it if I really liked the sound of it. The length could, however, stop me from reading a book I'm not quite sure about. If it sounds okay-ish then 400+ pages might be a turn off. If it sounds amazing, then 400+ will only make me more excited! Gimme alll zee pages!


For today I'm using a book I should have reviewed by now: Just the Way You Are by Lynsey James. It sounds like a really cute read and I can't wait to get into it!


Dear Ava,How do you start writing a letter to someone, six years after breaking their heart? 
Ava is unlucky in love as well as in life. The new office bitch has landed the dating column Ava wanted, and she can't remember the last time she had a second date. It's a good thing she has best friends Max and Gwen to pick up the pieces. 
Deep down, Ava knows the reason why one date never turns into two - she's in love with someone else. Someone she's never even met. 
It all started six years ago, with a letter from a secret admirer, Mr Writer…but then they suddenly stopped and Ava was heartbroken. 
Now the letters have started again and Ava knows it could mean winning back the dating column at work. This time she's determined to unmask Mr Writer...and find out once and for all if he's Mr Right or Mr Very Definitely Wrong! 
A hilarious summer read for fans of Lucy Diamond, Mhairi McFarlane and Michele Gorman
Book Beginnings and Friday 56 are hosted, respectively, Gilion over at Rose City Reader and Freda over at Freda's Voice.


BB:
'I've hated weddings for as long as I can remember. Everything about them sets my teeth on edge: the meringue-like wedding dresses, the cheesy first dance, the dreaded walk down the aisle and especially the quiet notion that the marriage will be over in a few months' time. At those weddings, it can feel like all the fuss is for nothing, given that the happy couple will soon be battling it out in divorce court to see who keeps the cat.' p.1
Aah, it's always nice to find a fellow stoic, especially since this one will probably find love at the end of the book, giving me and all other stoics out there hope! But I can appreciate a good sense of humour so this beginning makes me look forward to this book even more.

F56:
'He stroked hair and I held him as lightly as I could.' p.56
This is only a tiny teaser but I thought it was adorable and so sweet. I wonder what is happening here and who exactly is comforting whom, but it sounds like something has definitely changed from the beginning of the book!

So, that was my Friday! What's happening

Comments

  1. Nice! That's the best kind of organization! LOL! I'm old school. Just alphabetical. Running out of room for said books though drives me insane!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juli your reply to the Book Blogger Hop made me laugh, that's exactly what my room and clothes organisation is like LOL but for some strange reason my books are fairly organised.

    Which meme do you enjoy more, Beginnings Friday or Friday 56?

    My Book Blogger Hops

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your organizational style--it's very similar to my own :-). Your book choice sounds like the perfect one for the beginning of your free time.

    My Friday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2015/05/friday-focus-friday-56-book-beginnings_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I do like the premise of this one...and now I have to know what happens to her. Does she get the dating column, and does she figure out who is Mr. Writer?

    Here's mine: “THE LIAR”

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's sure a cynical attitude towards weddings! But it made me laugh. I love the "meringue-like wedding dresses" description. Sounds like a fun story.
    My Friday post features DANCING AT THE RASCAL FAIR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stay away from big books for the most part unless it is really something I know I am going to totally enjoy.

    Have a great weekend.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL that's exactly how I am. Even if my room seems like a disaster zone, I KNOW when somethings been moved...
    As for books, I just organize my physical copies alphabetically by author. Helps me find things easily :)

    Joana (best-of-ya.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your organisational style! I like Goodreads shelves and keep all my unread Kindle books together so the don't get forgotten :)

    New follower on Bloglovin'

    Claire @ Book Blog Bird

    ReplyDelete
  9. The 56 is beautiful, but the beginning sure sounds like that person has been burned by love before and hard too.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does sound like things have changed since the beginning. In a good way too.

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/05/15/the-friday-56-61-jill-kismet-the-complete-series/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can totally relate to your organization system. Unfortunately, I've been running out of space lately and that calls for some tidying up. I think I'll be using the alphabetically by author method.

    New GFC follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The length of the book doesn't really matter, as long as the book is interesting enough :)

    BookBloggerHop@EverythingNyze

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts