Harry Potter Moment of the Week - Least Favourite Book

Another Thursday, which means more Harry Potter. And that is always a good thing, for everyone. There should be more Harry Potter, everywhere and always. Harry Potter Moment of the Week i hosted by Leah over at Uncorked Thoughts. This week we're picking:

Our Least Favourite Harry Potter Book

This is really hard. I mean, I love all of the Harry Potter books and I think they're all great. And although I know which ones my favourite (Prisoner of Azkaban) it's hard to say which one I dislike. I always thought Goblet of Fire was a bit of an odd one because the Triwizard Tournament sort of interrupts the whole intense focus on Harry that the previous books have. In some way, I like it because you get to meet some new characters and it teaches you a bit more about the wizarding world. But I didn't realize until I saw it as a movie that it really breaks the intensity of the story at times. Obviously Rowling makes it fit into the larger narrative of the series quite nicely, but it is my least favourite, I think. The problem is that it has some great moments obviously, which I love to death.

This question is impossible....


Do you have an answer?

Comments

  1. You right that the Triwizard tournament pits a kink in the usual intrigue this time around. GoF is definitely lower on my list of favorites too but I think the added darkness of Voldemort, Barty Crouch Jr. not to mention that ending always made up for most of it (mostly). Excellent pick though ^^ oh and PoA is one of my absolute favorites too ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts