Harry Potter Moment of the Week - Worst Spell?

I missed this meme last week, which left me slightly heartbroken. But I'm back now. Harry Potter Moment of the Week is hosted by Uncorked Thoughts, so head over there to join in on the fun! Today's moment is about:

The Worst Spell?

I feel like this can be interpreted in different ways. The worst spell for me in one way was always the Cruciatus curse. The things that spell did to Neville's parents breaks my heart! Logically I feel like I know that the Imperius curse might be the worst of the three Unforgivable ones, but pain can really break a person, especially when it is something you suffer "willingly" like Neville's parents did because you're protecting someone or something. It's also just such an expression of anger and hurt when you unleash this curse on someone, it just makes me want to cry.


The Standard Book of SpellsCrucioKROO•SHEA•OH (variant KROO•SEE•OH)The Cruciatus Curse sends a bolt of red lightning from the caster’s wand, and causes instant intolerable pain to the victim. Also known as the Torture Curse, this is one of the three Unforgivable Curses, which are illegal in the wizard world. The curse doesn’t physically scar the target, but does severely stimulate the pain receptors. Two of the most-known victims of the Cruciatus Curse are Frank and Alice Longbottom, who were tortured to insanity by Death Eater Bellatrix Lestrange.

Props to whoever made the GIF below, I'm thinking it was Nathan the Nerd, it's absolutely stunning. So, if you take 'worst spell' this way, that would be my choice. If we're talking about worst in the sense of 'stupid' then I have no idea because every single spell is absolutely awesome if you ask me. I'm still incredibly jealous and heartbroken that I never got a letter to Hogwarts and was allowed to do magic.

So, what's your worst spell?

Comments

  1. That's such a cool gif!! I completely agree with you though. There definitely isn't much worse than Crucio :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is such a cool meme! I've only heard of this now! :D Yes, I have to agree about your choice. Crucio is definitely the most painful one, so I'd choose that too, even over the Killing curse!

    -Kimi at Geeky Chiquitas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone is picking Crucio and I'm here thinking Imperio is worse. I mean the pain is terrible, but total control blows. And you might not even know you're controlled. That is even worse!
    All are bad though, so the picking between them was tough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt so bad for poor Neville when I found out what had happened to his parents. That's definitely a big reason why I hate that curse so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts