Music Monday - Duke and 'On the Road'

Music Monday is a meme hosted by Total Book Geek where you have to:
  • Choose a book or a scene from a book.
  • Choose a song that fits said book or scene.
  • Tell us why you paired them together.
  • Don't forget to share the title and author.
  • Be careful not to include spoilers!

This is my first time doing this meme so I'm just going to pick a book I'm sort of reading at the moment, On The Road by Jack Kerouac. It is one of those classics that I feel I'm obliged to read as an English student, even though it's an American novel. I have only just started and the main character, Salvatore Paradise (what a name!), has just set of to New Orleans. So I thought I'd go predictable and choose a jazz song! And where better to go then to Duke Ellington?



So, what song have you picked and why? Leave a link in the comments and I'll drop by  :)

Comments

  1. Seriously!!! I love that song :D Great pick for your first Music Monday!
    Thanks for stopping by at my MM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts