This Friday Night


Gain New Blog Followers

Follow Friday  is hosted by Alison Can Read.


Q: What book would you love to see made into a movie or television show and do you have actors/actresses in mind to play the main characters?


There are so many books that I think would be great as a movie. Then again, at times I am also one of those people who complains that Hollywood isn't creative and only remakes books and sequels. However, I would love to see a good film made out of 'The Never-ending Story'. The book was crucial to my childhood and it is simply beautiful. Who would I like to play the Childlike Empress? That's a difficult one because as the name says she has to be both friendly and childlike and regal. And then I thought of Saoirse Ronan. She is not only absolutely gorgeous, but also a great actress.

Saoirse Ronan The Hobbit Elf
 Book Beginnings is hosted by A Few More Pages and Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice.

Book Beginnings:
'The Brangwens had lived for generations on the Marsh Farm, in the meadows where the Erewash twisted sluggishly through alder trees, separating Derbyshire from Nottinghamshire.'

This didn't really get me excited so I read on three more lines and found this line, which is a much better line:
'There was a look in the eyes of the Brangwens as if they were expecting something unknown, about which they were eager. They had that air of readiness for what would come to them, a kind of surety, an expectancy, the look of an inheritor.'

That sounds good, no? What about Friday 56?
'"I know it was a great scandal: yes - a whole wagon, and they had girls, filles, naked, all the wagon-full, and so they came down to our village. They came through villages of the Jews, and it was a great scandal. Can you imagine? All the countryside!"'
Wagons full of naked girls? This sounds like a book you can give to your boyfriend.

What I did this week:

I wrote a tiny creative writing story. Hop on over if you fancy a read and I love constructive (even negative) comments and tips!
A Fine Bottle of Brandy

So, how about you? Don't hesitate to leave a link in your comment so I can come and visit you!!!

Comments

  1. Yeah, that wagon full of naked girls opened my mouth wide in surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it! It sounds like a very tempting book...

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a different book...lol

    Here's a link to my Friday Meme: http://tinyurl.com/7rrsjtp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curious! I hope you are enjoying this story. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I have never read the Never-Ending Story! Geez. Smh. LOL!

    Have a great Friday and thank you for stopping by!

    Amber
    The Musings of ALMYBNENR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by - happy to return the visit and the follow.

    Nice pick with The Never-ending Story. I've never read it, sorry to say, but I do remember the awful movie. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a great blog :D The Never Ending Story was the first book I ever read. I loved the drawings that the book had :D

    New follower on all the ones you have.

    Here is my FF :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the quote about a wagon of naked girls! Hehe. Here's my Friday 56: Friday 56 @ Megan Likes Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well...yes, I'd say a wagon full of naked girls just might be a scandal. Lol. (New follower here)


    Here's my Friday: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2012/03/friday-memes.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved Saoirse Ronan in The Lovely bones - she semi-creeped me out! As for the wagonful of naked girls, what an image! I'll go check out your short story too...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts