Who would you be?




This post was inspired by the blog Fantasy Casting, which is a really great blog. So, if I could choose any character, who would I be?

I'd love to be Eowyn from The Lord of the Rings. I think she is an incredible woman that has endured so much pain and is yet able to give love and help to those that need it. And a woman that is willing to fight for her life instead of letting other people do it for her is always amazing. And also, she seems so free. Not of burden, but of spirit. She probably has to conform to society's rules, but she has an independent spirit that will not bow down to anyone. Writing this even makes me yearn for being her. It sounds kind of freakish, but I would give up a lot (not everything) to be her. And yes, I fully realise she is not real and that living in the situation she would have if she had been real wouldn't have been very glamorous and/or nice.


Another character I'd love to be is Leslie Burke as played by AnnaSophia Robb in the movie 'A Bridge to Terabithia'. I just love her. I'd like to believe I have the same ability to create fantasy around me as she has. But I think everyone has that ability, people just forget or are ashamed of the fact. I actually cried when I saw the movie last time and when I say cry I don't mean one single tear. It started somewhere around the end of the film when leslie dies. Those couple of scenes just break me. If it wasn't for the fact that I wasn't alone I would have been crying my soul out. It actually physically hurt trying to hold back the tears.
So how about you?

Comments

  1. Eowyn is a good one! I am with you, I like strong female characters, even if they're secondary characters like her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eowyn is an excellent choice! And this is an interesting question.. I got to think about it. :")
    Btw I love your avatar picture! ;")
    Are you still doing Lyrical Tuesdays?
    Have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT post! Eowyn is someone I look up to, as a character. She was so strong, despite her situation, and ended up doing the impossible. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts