Carlos Ruiz Zafon and Music

I was looking around on Carlos Ruiz Zafon's website and I found the most amazing thing! Here it comes ...

He has been composing music to his book 'The Shadow of the Wind' & 'The Angel's Game'! These links leads to his website, where you can download them for free!!! Did you hear that?? FREE!!! There is however, of course, a copyright on them!

The reason I am so excited about this is because it links back to a post I did some time ago on music and soundtracks. I wondered whether books needed soundtracks to, since it was the only advantage that movies had over books, in my opinion.
And now I find that one of my favourite authors agrees, sort of. The music is actually really beautiful and I like it very much. At this moment I'm downloading all of them and I just thought I should share this with you.
My favourite piece is either 'The Shadow of the Wind' or 'The Cementary of Forgotten Books' although I do love 'Fermin & Daniel save the Day'. I have to gush for a moment, so please bare with me.
I know that there are a lot of books that use an old library or something like that. Even Harry Potter has a room of that sort, but the Cementary of Forgotten Books is something completely different. As a lover of old books and as an adoptee of lonely, forgotten books I fell in love with this Cementary the first moment I read about this. I remember the moment very clearly. I had just got the book and I had immediately started reading. When young Daniel stepped into this world of books, I almost had to cry. It was a beautiful moment!

Have a listen to some of the songs and tell me what you think!!

Comments

  1. Might I just really quickly add that the library he poses in front of on the picture looks AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also loved the cemetary of lost books. What an awesome place. I'm about to start Angel's Game later this week - very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this. I love Carlos Ruiz Zafon, especially The Shadow of The Wind!! Will check the website out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts